Sunday, 23 February 2020

Longines Admiral automatic ref 8581-2 (from the 1970s)

The Admiral is a long-standing family in Longines production, often characterized with 5 aligned stars on the dial. Not so much on the funkier reference 8581-2 here, which was very obviously unveiled in the middle of the 1970s when cushion cases and bolder blue color markers and logo. The dial proudly mentions the automatic winding of its caliber 431, which also offers a date complication at high frequency 36000 A/h. Lately, these High frequency watches have taken much attention per my early acquisition Lecoultre High Precision. 

I have found this at a flea market store in HKG and traded my Helbros art deco watch (which I hardly wear)  plus cash top up for this beauty. I have tried to follow the one in one out policy in order to keep the quantities of watches manageable.





The size is relatively huge at 39mm. I love the minimalist dial deign and the nice metal bracelet that is comfortable to wear. The watch dial has 4 points of luminous giving it a unique look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Casio 卡西歐 G-Shock MRG-110T-8

如果說,圓形錶殼的 Casio MRG-100T 是一次優雅而克制的回望,那麼,這枚方形「姊妹款」便更像是一道銳利而堅定的宣言。 1996 年 11 月,MRG-100T 與 MRG-110T 同時登場。那不只是兩款腕錶的誕生,更是 G-Shock 發展史上的重要轉折——品牌開始...

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0