Saturday 22 February 2020

Lecoultre Memovox HPG (1973)

This is a  Vintage LeCoultre MEMOVOX HPG automatic watch with alarm and date from the 1970s. Model HPG (High Precision Guarantee) manufactured for the US market after 1970. This is the rare variant with two-coloured blue dial in solid gold. In the bolted gold casing. It is a massive and very time typical model of the Memovox family, now very popular due to its size and sturdiness. Calibre K916 with free swinging rotor and high frequency oscillator. 3 layer adjusted. Two crowns, the upper one winds and sets the alarm, the lower one the watch. Caliber K916. Technically and optically in very good condition. Dimensions: 42 x 37 x 12 mm. I remembered vividly that my friend Brian had a steel model several years ago. There is another dial version in yellow.

I have seen the watch in the shop for a few months. It was also worn in the shop owner's hand. I did not buy it at one go as the price is high and I would need to ponder on it for a while. After several months of consideration, I have decided to get it by trading my IWC automatic blue dial plus Steel Omega Constellation Pie Pan dial watch plus cash top up for this watch. 




The engraving of the watch stated 1973 and the watch was most probably produced in 1972, when I was in my primary 1.




No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

紅旗小字白漆表

最近的最愛是白漆表,这是一款带有”小标志” 的简单白色小字白漆表

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0