Wednesday, 1 November 2023

Rolex Empire ref 3548 bubbleback

This is a Rolex Empire in gold ref 3548 (perpetual) with a cylinder style case , which looks similar to the Rolex Athlete, but its case is much thicker as it has an automatic movement . The ref 3548 is quite rare owing to its design and I have not come across another after I have bought one in the late 1980s. The watch was priced the same as the `Rolex Prince jump hour at that time and I have chosen this Rolex Empire bubbleback instead. After more than 30 years, I have finally managed to get one Rolex Prince Jump hour too.

There are about  5 references sporting the "Empire" Oyster case with 32mm x 13mm dimensions, using the Automatic M. 9 3/4''' caliber from Rolex (cal. 620) and were regulated to Chronometer specifications. 

These "Empire" models were produced over various batches approximately between 1938 and 1944.The two standard references were the 3548 (center-second) and 3716 (sub-second). On top, you can find small variations of the classic design with the ref. 3877 (sub-second, coin-edge case), and the ref. 4548 (center-second, domed bezel).

Rolex Empire ref 3548


No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

紅旗錶:三面紅旗

  2024 年,我將收藏的靈魂與目光,堅定錨定在中國中古腕錶最幽深、也最富傳奇色彩的秘境——「紅旗」。那是一個「仿品如潮,真跡如星」的稀缺世界;每一枚真品,都是被時代風暴掩埋的歷史殘卷,靜默承載著一段段沉浮往事。 在特定歷史時期,手錶並非日常用品,而是極少數權貴與精英方能擁有的...

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0