Wednesday, 9 August 2023

Rolex Oyster Precision ref 6426/7 handwind watch from Q1 1961

I have only a few mechanical hand wind Rolex. This is a Rolex 6427 hand wind watch from circa 1961. The 34mm slim oyster case wears like a glove and it's so comfortable that you often will forget that you are wearing a watch. This is similar to the Speedking (which is small in size at 30mm or 32mm) and Royal models. Rolex has a variety of men watches ranging from 28mm, 30mm, 32mm, 33mm, 34mm to 36mm for vintage watches.

The main difference that sets the ref. 6427 apart than other vintage Rolex models for example an Oyster Perpetual ref. 1002 or Air-King ref. 5500, is the manual-wind movement, caliber 1210 or 1225, which has 58 hours of power reserve. The Rolex 6426 and 6427 is similar except that one has an engine turned bezel another has a smooth. However, it is very common for Rolex watches to have switched parts in bezel or back case as Rolex during the 1950-70s wasn't as strict as now. As the condition of the watch is all original, I have, therefore, traded another watch for this.

The watch has a nice original black dial.




I was told by the seller that this watch was passed down to him by his uncle and he is the second owner. He has not serviced the watch for a while, and I therefore sent the watch for a full service.




No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

紅旗錶:三面紅旗

  2024 年,我將收藏的靈魂與目光,堅定錨定在中國中古腕錶最幽深、也最富傳奇色彩的秘境——「紅旗」。那是一個「仿品如潮,真跡如星」的稀缺世界;每一枚真品,都是被時代風暴掩埋的歷史殘卷,靜默承載著一段段沉浮往事。 在特定歷史時期,手錶並非日常用品,而是極少數權貴與精英方能擁有的...

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0