Wednesday, 17 July 2024

Nivada Grenchen depthomatic diver automatic ref. 104 : part 2



I got interested in timepieces worn by the Calypso crew during my times in Bangkok from 2015-17, where I started to collect the ZRC diver watches, Titus Calypsomatic, Droz super compressor etc. I only got to see the Nivada Depthomatic in 2021. Before that, I had no idea that Nivada came up with the first watch with an integrated depth gauge back in 1964.

While servicing my newly acquired Nivada Grenchen depthomatic diver automatic ref. 104, I saw another black dial Nivada Grenchen depthomatic diver automatic at Carson shop. This looks like an earlier version. As a watch collector, one will need to build up one‘s collection. However, I must admit that it is pure luck that I have come across these watches as their quantities are really small and serching throgh the inter, only a hand full of these watches are availables as these were really a tool watch made for diving, whicvh is a really niche sports, limited to a few.












This watch is slightly bigger then the telephone dial Nivada as it’s also most 39mm




Finally able to find the 21mm straps














No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

紅旗錶:三面紅旗

  2024 年,我將收藏的靈魂與目光,堅定錨定在中國中古腕錶最幽深、也最富傳奇色彩的秘境——「紅旗」。那是一個「仿品如潮,真跡如星」的稀缺世界;每一枚真品,都是被時代風暴掩埋的歷史殘卷,靜默承載著一段段沉浮往事。 在特定歷史時期,手錶並非日常用品,而是極少數權貴與精英方能擁有的...

google.com, pub-9153422137839320, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0